Thursday 4 June 2009

AQUANAS SEAFOODS - Fish & Chips

734 Glenferrie Rd - Hawthorn ph: 9815 1028

I'm not a huge fan of fish & chip shops, but I do love Aquanas (www.aquanas.com.au).

They have a good range of fresh & frozen seafood at reasonable prices and make great fish & chip to either eat in or take away.

I normally go for the salmon & salad combo ($10.80). Other fishes like dory, flat head and flake are also good and sell for an average of $6 each.

To me, Aquanas is one of the few places where you can get any of your fishes grilled without too much oil - I personally hate those places where everything is deep fried & greasy.

My husband loves their potato cakes - that normally come as a generous free add on - their are not too oily, crisp on the outside and soft inside.

Another good option for a week night dinner on Glenferrie Rd.

Note: kudos for Aquanas: we always get an extra complimentary potato cake with our take away order!

No comments:

Post a Comment