Thursday 1 September 2011

RAMEN YA

108 Bourke St, Melbourne - ph: (03) 9654 5838

Ramen Ya is the (relatively) new talk of town in the CBD.

There are two Ramen Ya on Bourke St. I visited the one close to Exhibition St - the other is near Myer and David Jones. I think they are both owned by the same group, although their website only refers to the latter.

Ramen noodles are a very popular Japanese dish and one of my favourites winter warmers. I love sipping the steaming miso broth and slowly eating my way through the curly noodles.


My meal at Ramen Ya was exactly what I expected. Fuss free - you order and pay at the bar; simple and quick.

You can chose your broth base from chicken, beef or miso. I went for the miso based seafood dumpling soup.

Seafood dumpling ramen

The broth was dense and rich. It was a very generous serving - I only managed to get through half of it - and came to the table steaming hot.

Just want I needed on a cold Melbourne night!

Ramen Ya on Bourke on Urbanspoon

1 comment: