Sunday 12 February 2012

HUXTABURGER

106 Smith St, Collingwood - ph: 9417 MEAT

Taking by Huxtaburger's phone number, this place is all about the burger patties!

I finally tried Huxtaburger last Sunday night for a quick dinner. Went there by chance. I have heard good reviews of the burgers, but also heard the place was always packed and waiting times were long. We saw a couple of empty tables as we drove past and decided to give it a try.


The menu is pretty simple. All burgers are made of waygu beef and served on a sesame bun. There are 5 burger options and one vegetarian salad that varies daily to chose from.

I went for the 'Bills' - burger with bacon, egg, pineapple and beetroot. The bun was super soft, the beef patty juicy and dense. Definitely not a generic fast food burger. I thought it was really tasty, but a bit too oily. Hubby loved the fat in the waygu patty. I really liked the taste of the first few bites, but thought the burger was pretty heavy.


Chunky chips were really good.

I would say Huxtaburger should be an special occasion only burger - a very tasty treat, but a bit of a heart stopper.

Huxtaburger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment