Thursday 15 March 2012

THE MESS HALL

51 Bourke St, Melbourne - ph: (03) 9654 6800

I have recently discovered The Mess Hall at the top end of Bourke St and I'm lovin' it.

The Mess Hall is a set at a narrow and long space flooded with sunlight from a large glass roof at the back. Simple white walls reflect light and make it cosy. Great atmosphere.

Today I quickly stopped by for a bite to eat before a meeting. The chicken and avocado sandwich was all I was looking for: crunchy sourdough baguette filled with tender slices of chicken breast, home made mayo, chunky avocado and fresh spinach leaves.

Simple, fresh, tasty and the perfect size.

Chicken and avocado baguette ($9.50)

The Mess Hall serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and the menu ranges from takeaway sandwiches to more substantial Italian pizza and pasta dishes. I have tried - and liked - their coffee, but am yet to try the breakfast menu.

Another post will follow soon, I'm sure.

The Mess Hall on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment