Monday 6 May 2013

FOURTH BROTHER

779 Glenhuntly Road, Caulfield - ph: (03) 9530 0444

I stopped by Forth Brother for a quick week day lunch. The cafe is tiny, but looked pretty good from the street and was highly rated on urbanspoon. Why not?

Lunch display

There is no actual kitchen at the cafe. All food is pre-made/ pre-assembled and heated up onsite, which means a relatively small menu consisting mainly of sandwiches and salad and no cooked/ hot meals like soup for example. 

I was in a hurry, so less choice actually worked for me today. I ordered the mushroom, spinach and caramelized onion piedina served with mascarpone cheese and a side salad. 

Mushroom and spinach piedina ($10)

The toasted sandwich tasted nice. I liked the onions - they added some depth the an otherwise ordinary combination of ingredients.

I barely touched the salad though. I didn't look very fresh and I preferred to not to risk it, particularly given the food preparation is not done at the cafe.

Reading the reviews on Urbanspoon, people seem to really like their coffee, which I didn't order. Forth Brother is probably not a place I would go back for food though.

Forth Brother on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment