Monday 19 August 2013

TIRAMISU RECIPE

All my friends know that I'm a bit nutty when it comes to tiramisu.  It is definitely one of my all time favourite desserts.  I'm permanently on the hunt for the world's best tiramisu.  With all my dedicated 'research', I strongly suggest trying this tiramisu recipe - by the way, I'm totally unbiased :P


Ingredients:
3 eggs, separated
80g caster sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
250g mascarpone
400g thickened cream
sponge finger biscuits
espresso coffee, warm
150g dark chocolate


Method:
Grate chocolate.

Beat egg yolks, 2 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla together until thick and pale.

Add cream and lightly beat until soft peaks.  Then add mascarpone and mix until smooth.
(Note: To speed things up, you can use an electric beater/mixer, I just sometimes prefer to do things old school, by hand.  I definitely want a second serve of tiramisu so I don't mind a mini workout beforehand.)

Beat egg whites until stiff peaks.  Gradually add the rest of the sugar to the egg whites and beat until the sugar has dissolved.

Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the cream mixture in 3 batches.

Dip each sponge finger into the warm espresso coffee and lay a row at the bottom of a dish.

Spread a layer of the cream.

Then sprinkle with grated chocolate.

Repeat process until the dish has been filled.  Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.  If you like a soggy tiramisu, like me, keep it in the fridge overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment